Employees emulate management, so if you want a winning team you gotta set the example. Positive interaction with staff drives better performance and makes everyone as winner. It’s all about the tude, the attitude! Here’s my top list of BE attitudes:
Believe. Recognize individual strengths,set high expectations and praise their achievements.
Be visible. Make the rounds by walking through the practice at least once a day. Greet each person and ask how the job is going. Be approachable, be part of the team!
Be supportive. Recognize when a staffer is struggling or has a problem that interferes with his or her ability to perform the job. Provide support and seek meaningful solutions.
Be Timely. Don’t disregard employees or compromise the relationship by putting things off. If you’ve scheduled things that involve staff and are inclined to postpone them, don’t. Here’s a few examples:
– Annual performance reviews
– Staff meetings
– Employee training and feedback sessions
– Purchasing promised equipment or supplies
Keep morale high, value staff and be a winning team.
Hey readers, if you have additional tips share your comments.
Judy Capko is one of America’s leading practice practice management and marketing consultants.
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- Secrets: an unwritten chapter (looking toward the future …) - January 22, 2018
- The power of you front desk to influence the patient experience – and your reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017