Staff Can Make a Difference!
Set up solid financial policies the physicians will endorse and establish methods to improve collection of patient payments. Here’s six actions you can take:
1. When a patient schedules an appointment verify address, employer and benefits. Also remind him or her the amount due on the account.
2. Review patient accounts the day before their scheduled appointments and verify insurance eligibility and benefits.
3. Make it easy for patients to pay: Accept credit and debit cards.
4. Determine average percentage of daily revenue now being collected from patients against the average amount actually owed and set specific goals for improvement.
5. When patients arrive and depart, don’t ask if the patient wants to pay – ask how they want to pay; check, cash, credit or debit.
6. Identify who the go to person if their is a dispute about the bill while the patient is in the office
Be consistent in applying these actions and watch patient revenue soar.
Do you have other collection tips? If so, please share them with the followers of this blog.
Announcing the release of Judy Capko’s runaway best selling book Secrets of the Best-Run Practices, 2nd edition. To check it out go to www.capko.com and click on the book icon.
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- The Power of Your Front Desk to Influence the Patient Experience – and Your Reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017
- New ebook on the ROI of investing in the patient experience - March 27, 2017