Patients are a priority in every practice, in fact, they are the purpose. So why don’t doctors pay closer attention to patient complaints? The top three complaints all have to do with time and these issues can be solved.
What bugs patients??
1. Waiting more than 1/2 hour in the office
2. Waiting too long for an appointment (access)
3. Doctor spent too little time with me
These problems can be resolved by setting up realistic scheduling parameters based on the actual time a physician needs with the patient and then starting on time. This will require staff taking the right initiative to have patients and charts properly prepared for the visit. I’m sure you are up for the challenge. After all, you will gain a lot: higher productivity, happier patients, and a better bottom line!
Now its your turn.
Tell me doctor, what bugs you? I really want to hear from you and will report the results in a future blog. In fact, answer this blog and share your opinion with your peers.
Contact Judy Capko, one of America’s leading practice management and marketing consultants. e-mail [email protected]
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- Secrets: an unwritten chapter (looking toward the future …) - January 22, 2018
- The power of you front desk to influence the patient experience – and your reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017