Whether you are a academic faculty practice, multi-specialty group or a solo physician, there are some simple things your practice can do to protect the environment and save money while you do it!
- Cut printing costs by scanning insurance cards and posting internal documents on line such as employee manuals, newsletters and other shared practice information. Also print on both sides of the paper and save a few trees.
- Save on electricity by switching to Energy Star-rated light bulbs and remember to turn off the lights if you will be out of a room for 15 minutes or longer.
- Buy green products like both recycled paper and ink cartridges. Checkout biodegradable cleaning products at www.goodguide.com for helpful information.
- Implement a filtered water system and eliminate the use of individual plastic bottles.
- Have a green idea contest for staff to get everyone in the green mode and on board with making the practice more eco-friendly.
Green is good!
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- The Power of Your Front Desk to Influence the Patient Experience – and Your Reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017
- New ebook on the ROI of investing in the patient experience - March 27, 2017