Mastering referrals is an art and a powerful tool in helping you create the practice of your dreams!
- Define your perfect patient, the demographics, the type of cases and the kind of patient you like to treat.
- Identify how you can reach those people and build a solid referral network.
- Create a marketing plan that nurtures the ideal referral sources and keeps your name front and center.
- Train staff on the solid principles of mastering referrals: Probing the patient to ensure you accurately documenting how the patient heard about your practice and tracking it in your practice management system
- Provide an outstanding patient experience: an aesthetically attractive and comfortable office; well dressed professional staff; staff and physicians that make each patient feel special from the time she or he calls the office until the bill is paid in full and everything in between; and thank the patient for choosing your practice.
- Conduct patient surveys to be sure you are on the mark with delivering an awesome patient experience.
- Honor and nurture referral sources. Thank them, ask if they are pleased with your service and find out if there is something else you can do to make sure they are satisfied.
- Network and be visible throughout your community. Be grateful and give back: giving of time and resosurces to support the community and causes you believe in.
- Stay constant in your efforts and measure your progress every quarter. This will help you build strategies that work and make your practice shine.
You can be the master of your practice and build the practice of your dreams!
Capko & Company; experts in medical practice management, strategic planning and medical marketing.
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- New ebook on the ROI of investing in the patient experience - March 27, 2017
- Medley of creative practice models for physicians emerges – is one right for you? - October 19, 2015
- Negotiation: It’s not always a two-way street - August 12, 2015