- Know how much it really cost you to see a patient. Divide your annual operating costs plus the physicians wages by the number of patients you see each year. That’s the number you need to know.
- Analyze payer performance. Look at your top 10 CPT codes and how the five highest volume payers are reimbursing for those codes. It the average on those top 10 codes does pay above the cost to see a patient you need to negotiate a better deal or drop the contract and see patients out of network.
- Develop strong relationships with payers: Y our provider relations person can help you get to the go to person for negotiating a contract that works.
- Understand what a payer wants from you – Better access, getting patients better quicker and patient satisfaction!
Capko & Company – We are on your side and will help your medical practice shine!
Latest posts by Judy Capko (see all)
- Secrets: an unwritten chapter (looking toward the future …) - January 22, 2018
- The power of you front desk to influence the patient experience – and your reputation - August 28, 2017
- Improving front desk performance - August 2, 2017